This is expected to:
– facilitate more cost-effective and transparent access to ready data by public institutions (for better planning) and the private sector (to inform their investment decisions);
– facilitate new types of collaborations for the development and testing of innovative solutions;
– enhance access to knowledge on best available technologies on waste valorization;
– stimulate further research and innovation on waste valorization;
– build capacity of key personnel (local government, private sector, NGOs and Academia) to enhance sanitation management particularly at the decentralized level.
The digital component of the platform will include a website which will serve as a repository of data and have tools such as a geospatial waste resource map, a library of recovery technologies and a Resource Optimization Calculator. It will also have a mobile application to facilitate trading of waste materials.
Since the launch of this initiative in July 2018, UNDP has been working with several stakeholders to co-design the various features of the platforms. Five technical working groups were set up for the establishment of the this multi-stakeholder platform: Website & App, Data & Policy, Communication & Advocacy, National Competition, Sustainability & Financing.
At this stage, we are collecting information from key stakeholders like you to ensure that the platform will respond to your needs and have tools and functionalities customized to your operations. In this regard, we are kindly requesting you to complete this short survey.
Please be assured that personal information included in the survey will be kept confidential and will only be accessed by UNDP and the Champions of the Website/App Technical Working Group (CYST).
Source :UNDP /enaghana.com