SUNDA Ghana Investments (SUNDA), a Chinese company, has responded to the plea of victims of last Sunday fire at Busia Junction in Accra.
Mr Isaac Hu, the managing director of SUNDA, importers and distributors of household items for the past thirteen years in Ghana, said the company could not sit by and watch the suffering of the victims whilst operating business in the area.
A devastating fire outbreak on Sunday 12 March 2017 completely destroyed several residences and properties at a small squatter community at Busia Junction near Odorkor in Accra. Fortunately there was no loss of human lives.
The affected residents numbering over 30 from several families lamented the complete loss of their properties and pleaded to the authorities and other philanthropists for help.
According to Mr Hu, Sunda donated products such as toiletries and detergents, food items, clothing and mosquito sprays.
The company also made cash donations to alleviate the immediate suffering of the victims of the fire.
The victims of the devastating fire were full of praise for the timely intervention of SUNDA. According to them they are yet to receive official help from government even though the MP for Ablekuma North, Nana Akua Afriyie, as well as the NADMO coordinator visited them.
Whilst praising and expressing gratitude to SUNDA for helping them in their time of distress, the fire victims have appealed for more help from other corporate bodies and especially the national disaster management organisation.
Public Relations Manager of SUNDA Ghana Investments, Ms Naa-Shika Coleman, also appealed to other organisations to support the fire victims since SUNDA alone is unable to meet all their needs.